CLOSED – Program Director
About the Wyoming Energy Authority
The Wyoming Energy Authority (WEA) is a state instrumentality formed by the Wyoming Legislature in 2020. WEA serves as a unifying organization for Wyoming’s energy industries and is the home of the State Energy Office. WEA advances Wyoming’s energy strategy by driving data, technology, and infrastructure investments.
This is a leadership role within the newly established Wyoming Energy Authority. The Program Director will report directly to the Executive Director (ED) and assist the ED with all matters related to execution of the WEA mission. The Program Director will be responsible for leadership of the State Energy Program and will play an integral role in the development, administration, and communication of the Wyoming energy strategy. The PD will be responsible for development, administration and communication of a project portfolio including establishment and maintenance of portfolio management systems and processes. The PD will be able to demonstrate a broad understanding of the Energy industry, have demonstrated experience in one or more sub-sectors of the Energy industry and demonstrable experience leading projects, programs and initiatives. The PD will be an active and visible participant across the entire Wyoming Energy industry including public and private sectors.
- Support the Executive Director in all matters related to the execution of the WEA mission
- Contribute to the development, administration, and communication of the Wyoming energy strategy.
- Direct all aspects of the State Energy Program (SEP)
- Lead development, administration and communication of a project portfolio including establishment and maintenance of portfolio management systems and processes.
- Contribute to all aspects of project development including prospect screening and scoping, project financing and evaluation, stakeholder engagement and coordination.
- Participate in outreach and promotional activities and be an active participant in the Wyoming Energy industry, including face-to-face presentations, webinars, conference trade shows, tours, and other strategic outreach activities.
- Support other agencies in all aspects of their mission related to the Wyoming Energy sector.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent relevant experience
- 10+ years of work experience in a relevant field e.g. coal, oil & gas, uranium, electricity generation (thermal and/or renewable)
- Experience in any of the following areas of practice would be preferred: technology/product development, commercial analysis and operations, policy and government affairs, regulatory affairs, strategic planning.
- Strong communication skills, including experience presenting to executive level leadership.
- Creative problem solving skills, self-motivated, reliable and organized.
- Strong administration, coordination and analytic skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive working relationships with stakeholder groups, businesses, communities, and communicate effectively with a variety of people.
- Report to: Executive Director
- Physical Requirements: May occasionally need to transport office materials, up to 20 lbs.
- Travel: Around the State of Wyoming, occasionally to out-of-state conferences, up to 20% of the time.
- Benefits: State of Wyoming health insurance plan, 403(b) retirement plan, pension plan, and paid vacations are provided.
Closing: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Send resume and cover letter including salary expectations to email@example.com
The State of Wyoming and the Wyoming Energy Authority is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
WY Chosen for Federal Funding Opportunities
The last week of April saw two funding announcements from the Department…
WEA Requests Input on EV Charging Infrastructure
The Wyoming Energy Authority, Wyoming Department of Transportation, Wyoming Department of Environmental…
Energy Bills in the 2021 Wyoming Legislative Session
The Wyoming State Legislature worked through a plethora of energy bills during…
WEA Announces State Energy Program Grants
The Wyoming Energy Authority, through its State Energy Program, is offering grants…
WEA Releases Guide to Permitting Solar Projects
The Wyoming Energy Authority and statewide partners have developed a permitting guide…
New Energy Audit Grants Available
The Wyoming Energy Authority, through its State Energy Program, has launched a…
WEA Releases RFP for Hydrogen Pilot
The Wyoming Energy Authority has opened a Request for Proposals (RFP) for…
Wyoming Energy Authority Board Elects New Leadership
Cheyenne, WY – The Wyoming Energy Authority has elected new leadership on…
EORI Study Released on Leasing Ban Impacts
Wyoming’s Enhanced Oil Recovery Institute, in collaboration with WEA and the University…
Energy Opportunities from Governor Gordon’s 2021 State of the State
Governor Gordon gave his annual State of the State address yesterday, March…