CLOSED – Program Coordinator
Apply to be WEA’s next Programs Coordinator by Monday, November 30!
Title: Programs Coordinator
About the Wyoming Energy Authority
The Wyoming Energy Authority (WEA) is a state instrumentality formed by the Wyoming Legislature in 2020. WEA serves as a unifying organization for Wyoming’s energy industries and is the home of the State Energy Office. WEA advances Wyoming’s energy strategy by driving data, technology, and infrastructure investments.
In coordination with the Director of Public Affairs and Communication, the Program Coordinator will manage the outreach, communication, grantee support, and project administration for the State Energy Program, funded by the Department of Energy. This position will play a key role in coordinating efforts between state agencies to increase participation in energy grant programs and be the point of contact between the office and Wyoming communities. The coordinator will also be expected to develop and initiate additional grant initiatives, work with local communities to develop and implement programs that meet identified opportunities and needs. Additionally, this position will assist with administration, outreach, and communication efforts for the Wyoming Energy Strategy and to WEA’s varied group of stakeholders, as well as provide event planning and support. The ideal candidate would have interest in the energy industry and embrace opportunities to grow WEA’s programs and initiatives for the benefit of Wyoming.
- Coordinate all aspects of the State Energy Program (SEP), all associated rules and reporting requirements, current grantee programs, and current processes.
- Work with staff to develop and implement strategic plans for programmatic growth of the SEP.
- Review grant applications, stay current with SEP programs and requirements, complete project administration and monitor program reporting as required.
- Ensure quality projects are funded and grantees are fully supported to administer projects successfully.
- Serve as the liaison between communities/grantees and U.S. Department of Energy responding to requests for information concerning State Energy Office programs.
- Coordinate efforts between state agencies offering energy-related grants to increase utilization and provide interested grantees with knowledge on all available programs.
- Assist with securing state and federal funding for energy-related projects.
- Develop long-term relationships with, and coordinate with, a variety of internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of assigned special projects.
- Implement and maintain engagement activities, including face-to-face presentations, webinars, conference trade shows, tours, and other strategic business development activities resulting in an increase in grantees, partners and a strong network.
- Use various communication tools (website, email, social media, news media tools – radio, videos, press releases) to strategically accomplish the authority’s priorities.
- Assist with office and administrative duties to ensure professional and helpful experience with WEA for stakeholders and the general public.
- Complete other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent relevant experience
- 1-3 years of work experience in relevant field
- 1 year of work experience in the energy sector or related field preferred
- Creative problem solving skills, self-motivated, reliable and organized.
- Strong administration, coordination and analytic skills
- Strong communication skills, including writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong computer skills are required. Knowledge of MS Office Suite, Google products, Adobe Professional, WordPress, and general office procedures is essential.
- Must work well both independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive working relationships with stakeholder groups, businesses, communities, and communicate effectively with a variety of people.
- Must have attention to detail and ability to understand complex federal programs.
- Report to: Executive Director
- Physical Requirements: May occasionally need to transport office materials, up to 20 lbs.
- Travel: Around the State of Wyoming, occasionally to out-of-state conferences, up to 20% of the time. WEA will reimburse the standard mileage rate for personal vehicle use or provide a rental vehicle as needed.
- Work hours: WEA works standard 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. office hours Monday through Friday, although travel and work on evenings and weekends may be required for outside events.
- Salary: $40,000-$60,000 per year, with annual incentive bonus up to 10% of annual salary based on merit.
- Benefits: State of Wyoming health insurance plan, 403(b) retirement plan, pension plan, and paid vacations are provided.
Closing: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting on Monday, November 30, 2020 and will be accepted until the position is filled.
Send resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct Air Capture Project comes to Wyoming
The Wyoming Business Council shared today that a new direct air capture…
RANGE WISHH Website Launch
Request for Expression of Interest Released by The Western Inter-State Hydrogen Hub…
WEA and WISHH Announces a RFP for Prime Contractor
Prime contractor to assist four-state region in federal funding proposal process On…
Brightfields Energy Siting Initiative (BESI) Mapping Tool
TNC’s new mapping tool aims to place new energy development on previously disturbed…
WEA and Cheyenne LEADS collaborate on Hydrogen Roadmap
Cheyenne, WY – In conjunction with Cheyenne LEADS, the Wyoming Energy Authority has…
Wyoming’s NEVI Plan available for public comment
CHEYENNE, Wyo. — Wyoming’s National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure plan is now available…
EORI Hires New Director
The Enhanced Oil Recovery Institute (EORI) is pleased to announce the appointment…
Wyoming Signs MOU with Idaho National Laboratory
Wyoming to Partner with Idaho National Laboratory on Advanced Energy and Related…
Request for Proposal from The Nature Conservancy
The Nature Conservancy (TNC) has put out a new Request for Proposal…
Western Inter-States Hydrogen Hub RFI Response
Western Inter-States Hydrogen Hub (WISHH) MOU States and the “Collaboratory” submitted a…